Meditation Class for Your Well Being
The health benefits to be derived from meditation are many. Meditation is thought of as an old and dated practice but has recently been getting a lot of followers. There are many people who are enrolling in a meditation class to feel better about life and about themselves, and to enrich their lives and find a greater meaning to their lives.
In very recent years, all of the various health benefits of meditation have become even more recognized by the scientific community along with the public. While initially, all of the research concentrated more on the physiological benefits of meditation, there has recently been a large increase in the number of studies on the various psychological benefits, too. The effects of meditation on the mind and health have been proven to be many.
Meditation training and meditation workshops focus on a holistic approach to healing of the body and spirit. A great amount of stress is laid on emotional health while conducting meditation training. Every day life has become so hectic that a lot of negative energy has entered all of our lives. Meditation workshops aim to clear this negative energy. Negative feelings can never help anybody and can only lead to despair and despondency.
There are many physiological and psychological benefits of attending a meditation class.
Meditation has the following physiological health benefits:
- Meditation leads to a decrease in the metabolic rate and also lowers the heart rate. This indicates a state of deep rest and good regeneration.
- Meditation can reduce stress which is indicated by lowered levels of stress-hormones like cortisol.
- Meditation also reduces high blood pressure, and the benefits of these are known to all.
- Meditation can help asthma patients and make them breath easier.
- Meditation appears to slow down the aging process of the brain and also thicken the grey matter of the brain, which only leads to an increase in the size of the brain.
Meditation has the following psychological health benefits, and these are proven by many numerous studies:
- Meditation leads to an increase in the coherence of brain wave patterns in the brain, which goes to suggest that it improves creativity and learning and alters the way the brain works.
- Meditation helps in decreasing anxiety and depression and also irritability and moodiness.
- Meditation leads to an improved memory.
- Meditation increases the euphoric feelings of joy and happiness and contentment.
- Meditation leads to an increase in emotional stability.
Meditation has always traditionally been seen as a tool for the spiritual realization and fulfillment. While the physiological and psychological benefits have been concentrated on in the West, most modern brain science can help to understand and explore the spiritual aspects of meditation even more.
Meditation is not a fad or a flash in the pan. It has been around in eastern cultures for centuries and is a tried and tested and proven method of emotional and physical well being.